Your students will love the Holidays Around the World Unit, where you will explore cultures and traditions around the world through interactive and engaging activities.
Simply print and TEACH! I designed these activities about world holidays to be as easy as possible for busy teachers to implement. From thorough lesson plans to answer keys – it’s all included.
All the holidays around the world lessons are equipped with easy instructions and ready-to-use activities.
Here are a few of the MANY skills that students will learn:
✅ Describe ways in which traditions serve as an expression of culture and influence the behavior of people living in a particular culture.
✅ Demonstrate an understanding that people in different geographies have different perspectives and life experiences.
✅ Describe ways in which stories, folktales, and art serve as expressions of culture and influence people living in a particular culture.
✅ Write informative, narrative, and opinion paragraphs on a variety of engaging topics.
Why teach the Holidays around the World Unit?
1. Students can easily find personal connections to this topic, which makes it a high-engagement unit. You will build your students’ cultural identities while expanding their worldview.
2. You deserve excellent social studies resources that don’t require loads of prep time. This unit includes everything you need – lesson plans, slides, activities, and worksheets that are ready to teach. Minimize your planning time, so you can focus on what you enjoy most!
3. Build skills and achieve standards with this unit. It is aligned with Common Core Writing Standards and National Social Studies Standards. Every lesson is packed with opportunities for students to improve their reading, writing, and critical thinking skills.
✦ A 3 to 4-week-long comprehensive unit on holidays around the world for elementary students
✦ Over 250 pages of lessons, informational texts, projects, activities, and crafts
✦ 1 bonus file including world holiday slides, a world holiday traditions kick-off lesson, and a final holiday inquiry project (only available to those who purchase the unit)
✦ 15 Holidays Around the World Lesson Plans
✦ 27 Engaging Informational Texts about World Holidays
✦ Learning Objectives and Materials Lists
✦ More than 70 engaging activities, crafts, games, flipbooks, and more!
✦ High-Investment Discussions
✦ Writing Prompts and Writing Pages
✦ Standards-Aligned Writing Rubrics (Narrative, Informative, and Opinion)
✦ Answer Keys and Student Samples
✦ 15 Slides with authentic images of each holiday
✦ World Holiday Inquiry Project
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Holidays around the World (Includes the First Lesson & Final Inquiry Project)
Lesson 2: New Year Celebrations (download for free below!)
Lesson 3: Lunar New Year
Lesson 4: Lantern Festival
Lesson 5: Holi Festival
Lesson 6: Easter Traditions
Lesson 7: Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur
Lesson 8: Ramadan & Eid al-Fitr
Lesson 9: Diwali Festival
Lesson 10: Day of the Dead
Lesson 11: Hanukkah
Lesson 12: St. Lucia Day
Lesson 13: Las Posadas
Lesson 14: Christmas on 4 Continents
Lesson 15: Kwanzaa
How can this unit be for 3rd to 5th grade?
Where can I find more social studies units?
- All of our products are non-refundable digital downloads. This is a digital file. A physical product will not be shipped. Please make sure you have a way to open: a zip file, PDFs, and PowerPoint slides before purchasing. Please view the preview and read the product description carefully.
- This product is not editable. In order to protect my work and the work of font and graphic artists that I have purchased from, this product is not editable, unless otherwise noted in the product description.
- Access your purchase from your account. You will also be able to download the file and access any future updates by logging in to your account.
Have technical difficulties?
Submit a Help Ticket. I’ll respond promptly.
© Globally Taught
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
All rights reserved by the author.
Total Pages 250+ pages
Answer Key Yes w/ Rubrics
Teaching Duration 3-4 weeks