Simply print or assign, and GO! All lessons are equipped with easy instructions and ready-to-use activities.
Here are a few of the MANY geography skills that students will learn:
✅ Learn how to navigate safely using a compass and the cardinal and intermediate directions
✅ Understand the land forms and bodies of water that create the surface of the Earth
✅ Practice spatial and critical thinking skills by designing maps
✅ Know the differences between frequently-used words like countries, nations, regions, states, provinces, territories, and more
✅ Demonstrate how population density determines whether an area is urban or rural
Want to test drive the unit? Try our free Tools of a Geographer lesson to learn about what geographers do and get a feel for the unit before you buy it.
✦ A 3 to 4-week-long comprehensive geography unit for elementary students
✦ Over 200 pages of lessons, readings, projects, activities, and games
✦ 1 ZIP file organized into 12 lessons by topic
✦ 12 Detailed Lesson Plans
✦ 17 Engaging Readings
✦ Learning Objectives and Materials Lists
✦ Anchor Charts and Visuals
✦ Dozens of Practice Activities
✦ Crafts, Games, Puzzles, Mnemonics, and more!
✦ High-Investment Research Projects
✦ 12 Done-for-You Assessments
✦ Answer Keys and Student Samples
✦ 3 Fun Flipbooks
✦ Limited-Time Back-to-School Bonus: Mystery Pictures of the 7 Continents!
❤️ Geography Lessons Included ❤️
- Lesson 1: Tools of a Geographer Lesson
- Lesson 2: Maps and Globes Lesson
- Lesson 3: Parts of a Map Lesson
- Lessons 4/5: Compass Rose Lesson with Cardinal Directions
- Lesson 6: Hemispheres, Longitude, and Latitude Lesson
- Lesson 7: Continents and Oceans Lesson
- Lesson 8: Countries and Regions Lesson
- Lesson 9: States and Provinces Lesson
- Lesson 10: Cities & Towns Lesson
- Lesson 11: Landforms Lesson
- Lesson 12: Bodies of Water Lesson
- Lesson 13: My Home Geography Flipbook
- 2 Flex/Project Days
Have technical difficulties?
Submit a Help Ticket. I’ll respond promptly.
© 2022 Globally Taught
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
All rights reserved by the author.