Click here to view a free preview of the World Geography Unit
Simply print or assign, and GO! All lessons are equipped with easy instructions and ready-to-use activities.
Here are a few of the MANY geography skills that students will learn:
✅ Learn how to navigate safely using a compass and the cardinal and intermediate directions
✅ Understand the land forms and bodies of water that create the surface of the Earth
✅ Practice spatial and critical thinking skills by designing maps
✅ Know the differences between frequently-used words like countries, nations, regions, states, provinces, territories, and more
✅ Demonstrate how population density determines whether an area is urban or rural
Want to test drive the unit? Try our free Tools of a Geographer lesson to learn about what geographers do and get a feel for the unit before you buy it.
✦ A 3 to 4-week-long comprehensive geography unit for elementary students
✦ Over 200 pages of lessons, readings, projects, activities, and games
✦ 1 ZIP file organized into 12 lessons by topic
✦ 12 Detailed Lesson Plans
✦ 17 Engaging Readings
✦ Learning Objectives and Materials Lists
✦ Anchor Charts and Visuals
✦ Dozens of Practice Activities
✦ Crafts, Games, Puzzles, Mnemonics, and more!
✦ High-Investment Research Projects
✦ 12 Done-for-You Assessments
✦ Answer Keys and Student Samples
✦ 3 Fun Flipbooks
✦ Limited-Time Back-to-School Bonus: Mystery Pictures of the 7 Continents!
❤️ Geography Lessons Included ❤️
- Lesson 1: Tools of a Geographer Lesson
- Lesson 2: Maps and Globes Lesson
- Lesson 3: Parts of a Map Lesson
- Lessons 4/5: Compass Rose Lesson with Cardinal Directions
- Lesson 6: Hemispheres, Longitude, and Latitude Lesson
- Lesson 7: Continents and Oceans Lesson
- Lesson 8: Countries and Regions Lesson
- Lesson 9: States and Provinces Lesson
- Lesson 10: Cities & Towns Lesson
- Lesson 11: Landforms Lesson
- Lesson 12: Bodies of Water Lesson
- Lesson 13: My Home Geography Flipbook
- 2 Flex/Project Days
Have technical difficulties?
Submit a Help Ticket. I’ll respond promptly.
© 2022 Globally Taught
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
All rights reserved by the author.
There are no reviews yet.